Holevn Health share articles about :Thuốc Tazverik , side effects – dosage , Thuốc Tazverik what disease treatment.Other noted issues. Please refer to the details below.
Generic Name: tazemetostat
Medically reviewed by Judith Stewart, BPharm Last updated on Jan 24, 2020.
What is Tazverik?
Tazverik is a prescription medicine used to treat adults and children aged 16 years and older with epithelioid sarcoma that has spread or grown and cannot be removed by surgery.
It is not known if Tazverik is safe and effective in children less than 16 years of age.
Tazverik can cause serious side effects, including:
- Risk of new cancers. An increase in new (second) cancers has happened in people who were treated with Tazverik. Talk with your healthcare provider about your risk of developing new cancers. Tell your healthcare provider if you are more tired than usual, or have easy bruising, fever, bone pain, or paleness.
See Tazverik side effects for more information about side effects.
Before taking Tazverik
Before you start treatment, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if:
- You are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Tazverik can harm your unborn baby. Your healthcare provider will give you a pregnancy test before you start treatment with Tazverik. Tell your healthcare provider right away if you become pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- Females who are able to become pregnant should use effective non-hormonal birth control (such as condoms) during treatment and for 6 months after the final dose. Birth control pills (oral contraceptives) and other hormonal forms of birth control may not be effective if used during treatment with Tazverik. Talk to your healthcare provider about birth control options that are right for you.
- Males with female partners who are able to become pregnant should use effective birth control during treatment and for 3 months after the final dose.
- You are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if Tazverik passes into your breast milk. Do not breastfeed during treatment and for 1 week after the final dose.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Tazverik may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how Tazverik works.
How should I take Tazverik?
- Take Tazverik exactly as your healthcare provider tells you.
- Take Tazverik 2 times each day.
- Your healthcare provider may change your dose, temporarily stop, or completely stop treatment with Tazverik if you get certain side effects.
- Take Tazverik tablets with or without food.
- Swallow the tablets whole.
- If you miss a dose or vomit after taking your dose, just skip that dose and take the next dose at your regular time.
What should I avoid while taking Tazverik?
- Avoid eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice during treatment.
- Avoid taking St. John’s wort during treatment.
Tazverik side effects
Tazverik can cause serious side effects. See Important information.
The most common side effects include:
- decreased appetite
These are not all the possible side effects. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
How should I store Tazverik?
Do not store Tazverik tablets above 86°F (30°C).
Keep all medicines out of the reach of children and pets.
General information about the safe and effective use of Tazverik.
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in a Medication Guide. Do not use this medicine for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give it to other people, even if they have the same symptoms that you have. It may harm them. You can ask your pharmacist or healthcare provider for information that is written for health professionals.
What are the ingredients in Tazverik?
Active Ingredient: tazemetostat.
Inactive Ingredients: Tablet core: hydroxypropyl cellulose, lactose monohydrate, low-substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose, magnesium stearate, and sodium starch glycolate. Film-coating: hypromellose, polyethylene glycol, red iron oxide, talc, and titanium dioxide.
The content of Holevn is solely for the purpose of providing information about Thuốc Tazverik and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please contact your nearest doctor or clinic, hospital for advice. We do not accept liability if the patient arbitrarily uses the drug without following a doctor’s prescription.
Reference from: https://www.drugs.com/tazverik.html