Holevn Health share articles about :Thuốc Oxbryta , side effects – dosage , Thuốc Oxbryta what disease treatment.Other noted issues. Please refer to the details below.
Generic Name: voxelotor
Dosage Form: Tablets
Date of Approval: November 25, 2019
Company: Global Blood Therapeutics, Inc.
Treatment for: Sickle Cell Anemia
Medically reviewed by Judith Stewart, BPharm Last updated on Nov 30, 2019.
Read this Patient Information before you start treatment and each time you get a refill. There may be new information. This information does not take the place of talking to your healthcare provider about your medical condition or your treatment.
What is Oxbryta?
Oxbryta is a prescription medicine used for the treatment of sickle cell disease in adults and children 12 years of age and older.
It is not known if Oxbryta is safe and effective in children below 12 years of age.
Who should not take Oxbryta?
Do not take Oxbryta if you have had an allergic reaction to voxelotor or any of the ingredients in Oxbryta. See the end of this leaflet for a list of the ingredients.
If you are receiving exchange transfusions, talk to your healthcare provider about possible difficulties with the interpretation of certain blood tests when taking Oxbryta.
Before taking Oxbryta
Before starting treatment, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- have liver problems
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if Oxbryta can harm your unborn baby.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if Oxbryta can pass into your breastmilk and if it can harm your baby. Do not breastfeed during treatment, and for at least 2 weeks after the last dose.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Some medicines may affect how Oxbryta works, and vice versa.
Keep a list of all your medicines and show it to your healthcare provider.
How should I take Oxbryta?
- Take Oxbryta exactly as your healthcare provider tells you.
- Do not change your dose or stop treatment unless your healthcare provider tells you to.
- Take Oxbryta tablets one time each day. Swallow each tablet whole. Do not cut, crush or chew the tablets.
- Your healthcare provider may change your dose if needed.
- Your healthcare provider may also prescribe hydroxyurea during your treatment.
- Take the tablets with or without food.
- If you forget to take a dose, skip that dose and return to your normal dosing schedule the next day.
Oxbryta side effects
Oxbryta can cause serious side effects, including:
Serious allergic reactions. Tell your healthcare provider or get emergency medical help right away if you get:
- shortness of breath
- swelling of the face
The most common side effects include:
- stomach (abdominal) pain
These are not all the possible side effects. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
You may also report side effects to Global Blood Therapeutics, Inc. at 1-833-428-4968 (1-833-GBT-4YOU).
How should I store Oxbryta?
- Store Oxbryta at or below 86°F (30°C).
- Oxbryta comes in a child-resistant package.
- The bottle contains a desiccant to help keep your medicine dry (protect it from moisture) and polyester coil. Do not eat.
Keep all medicines out of the reach of children and pets.
General information about the safe and effective use of Oxbryta.
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in a Patient Information leaflet. Do not use this medicine for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give it to other people, even if they have the same symptoms that you have. It may harm them. You can ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist for information that is written for health professionals.
What are the ingredients of Oxbryta?
Active Ingredient: voxelotor
Inactive Ingredients: colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, and sodium lauryl sulfate.
The film coating contains: polyethylene glycol 3350, polyvinyl alcohol, talc, titanium dioxide, and yellow iron oxide.
The content of Holevn is solely for the purpose of providing information about Thuốc Oxbryta and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please contact your nearest doctor or clinic, hospital for advice. We do not accept liability if the patient arbitrarily uses the drug without following a doctor’s prescription.
Reference from: https://www.drugs.com/oxbryta.html