Hovevn Health share articles about :Thuốc Cefixime Oral Suspension , side effects – dosage , Thuốc Cefixime Oral Suspension what disease treatment.Other noted issues. Please refer to the details below.
Generic Name: Cefixime Oral Suspension (sef IKS eem)
Brand Name: Suprax
Medically reviewed by Holevn.org. Last updated on Oct 30, 2019.
Uses of Cefixime Oral Suspension:
- It is used to treat bacterial infections.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Cefixime Oral Suspension?
- If you are allergic to oral suspension; any part of cefixime oral suspension; or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and
what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check
to make sure that it is safe for you to take cefixime oral suspension with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of
any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Cefixime Oral Suspension?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take cefixime oral suspension. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Very bad and sometimes deadly allergic reactions have rarely happened. Talk with your doctor.
- Do not use longer than you have been told. A second infection may happen.
- If you have high blood sugar (diabetes) and test your urine glucose, talk with your doctor to find out which tests are best to use.
- This medicine may affect certain lab tests. Tell all of your health care providers and lab workers that you take cefixime oral suspension.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks
to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (Cefixime Oral Suspension) best taken?
Use cefixime oral suspension as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food.
- Shake well before use.
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with cefixime oral suspension. If there is none, ask the pharmacist for a device to
measure cefixime oral suspension.
- Keep using cefixime oral suspension as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your
doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing;
tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue,
- Signs of liver problems like dark urine, feeling tired, not hungry, upset stomach or stomach pain, light-colored stools, throwing up, or
yellow skin or eyes.
- Signs of kidney problems like unable to pass urine, change in how much urine is passed, blood in the urine, or a big weight gain.
- Fever, chills, or sore throat; any unexplained bruising or bleeding; or feeling very tired or weak.
Diarrhea is common with antibiotics. Rarely, a severe form called C diff–associated diarrhea (CDAD) may happen. Sometimes, this has led
to a deadly bowel problem (colitis). CDAD may happen during or a few months after taking antibiotics. Call your doctor right away if you have
stomach pain, cramps, or very loose, watery, or bloody stools. Check with your doctor before treating diarrhea.
What are some other side effects of Cefixime Oral Suspension?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical
help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Stomach pain or diarrhea.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical
advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was
taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Cefixime Oral Suspension?
- Store liquid (suspension) at room temperature or in a refrigerator. Do not freeze. Throw away any part not used after 2 weeks.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your
pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else’s drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about cefixime oral suspension, please talk
with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was
taken, how much, and when it happened.
The content of Holevn is solely for the purpose of providing information about Thuốc Cefixime Oral Suspension and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please contact your nearest doctor or clinic, hospital for advice. We do not accept liability if the patient arbitrarily uses the drug without following a doctor’s prescription.
Reference from: https://www.drugs.com/cdi/cefixime-oral-suspension.html
Cập nhật mới nhất ngày