Holevn Health share articles about :Thuốc Biaxin Tablets , side effects – dosage , Thuốc Biaxin Tablets what disease treatment.Other noted issues. Please refer to the details below.
Generic Name: Clarithromycin Tablets (kla RITH roe mye sin)
Brand Name: Biaxin
Medically reviewed by Holevn.org. Last updated on Jan 20, 2020.
The Biaxin brand name has been discontinued in the U.S. If generic versions of this product have been approved by the FDA, there may be generic equivalents available.
Uses of Biaxin:
- It is used to treat or prevent bacterial infections.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Biaxin?
- If you are allergic to Biaxin (clarithromycin tablets); any part of Biaxin (clarithromycin tablets); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and
what signs you had.
- If Biaxin (clarithromycin tablets) caused liver problems before.
- If you have ever had a long QT on ECG or other heartbeat that is not normal.
- If you have any of these health problems: Low magnesium levels, low potassium levels, or slow heartbeat.
- If you take any drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) that must not be taken with Biaxin (clarithromycin tablets), like certain drugs that are
used for high cholesterol, migraines, or mood problems. There are many drugs that must not be taken with Biaxin (clarithromycin tablets).
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Biaxin (clarithromycin tablets).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check
to make sure that it is safe for you to take Biaxin (clarithromycin tablets) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of
any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Biaxin?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Biaxin (clarithromycin tablets). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Avoid driving and doing other tasks or actions that call for you to be alert until you see how Biaxin (clarithromycin tablets) affects you.
- Do not use longer than you have been told. A second infection may happen.
- If you have high blood sugar (diabetes), you will need to watch your blood sugar closely.
- This medicine interacts with many other drugs. The chance of side effects may be raised. This may include severe, life-threatening, or deadly
side effects. Check with your doctor and pharmacist to make sure that it is safe for you to take Biaxin (clarithromycin tablets) with all of your other drugs
(prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins).
- This medicine may cause a type of abnormal heartbeat (prolonged QT interval). If this happens, the chance of other unsafe and sometimes deadly
abnormal heartbeats may be raised.
- A severe and sometimes deadly reaction has happened. Most of the time, this reaction has signs like fever, rash, or swollen glands with
problems in body organs like the liver, kidney, blood, heart, muscles and joints, or lungs. If you have questions, talk with the doctor.
- If you have heart disease, talk with your doctor. In one study, people with heart disease who took clarithromycin had a higher chance of
death a year or more later than those who did not take clarithromycin. The cause of this was not known. Other studies have shown different
- Myasthenia gravis that has gotten worse has happened during treatment with Biaxin (clarithromycin tablets).
- If you are 65 or older, use Biaxin (clarithromycin tablets) with care. You could have more side effects.
- This medicine may cause harm to the unborn baby if you take it while you are pregnant. If you are pregnant or you get pregnant while taking
Biaxin (clarithromycin tablets), call your doctor right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Biaxin) best taken?
Use Biaxin (clarithromycin tablets) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Keep taking Biaxin (clarithromycin tablets) as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your
doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing;
tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue,
- Signs of liver problems like dark urine, feeling tired, not hungry, upset stomach or stomach pain, light-colored stools, throwing up, or
yellow skin or eyes.
- Chest pain or pressure.
- Fast or abnormal heartbeat.
- Very bad dizziness or passing out.
- Muscle pain or weakness.
- Shortness of breath.
- Weakness on 1 side of the body, trouble speaking or thinking, change in balance, drooping on one side of the face, or blurred eyesight.
Diarrhea is common with antibiotics. Rarely, a severe form called C diff–associated diarrhea (CDAD) may happen. Sometimes, this has led
to a deadly bowel problem (colitis). CDAD may happen during or a few months after taking antibiotics. Call your doctor right away if you have
stomach pain, cramps, or very loose, watery, or bloody stools. Check with your doctor before treating diarrhea.
- A very bad skin reaction (Stevens-Johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis) may happen. It can cause very bad health problems that may
not go away, and sometimes death. Get medical help right away if you have signs like red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin (with or without
fever); red or irritated eyes; or sores in your mouth, throat, nose, or eyes.
What are some other side effects of Biaxin?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical
help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Stomach pain or diarrhea.
- Change in taste.
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical
advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was
taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Biaxin?
- Store at room temperature. Do not refrigerate or freeze.
- Protect from light.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your
pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else’s drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Biaxin (clarithromycin tablets), please talk
with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was
taken, how much, and when it happened.
The content of Holevn is solely for the purpose of providing information about Thuốc Biaxin Tablets and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please contact your nearest doctor or clinic, hospital for advice. We do not accept liability if the patient arbitrarily uses the drug without following a doctor’s prescription.
Reference from: https://www.drugs.com/cdi/biaxin-clarithromycin-tablets.html
Cập nhật mới nhất ngày