Holevn Health share articles about :Thuốc Betadine , side effects – dosage , Thuốc Betadine what disease treatment.Other noted issues. Please refer to the details below.
Generic Name: Povidone-Iodine (Topical Products) (POE vi done EYE oh dyne)
Brand Name: Betadine Skin Cleanser, Betadine Spray, Betadine Surgical Scrub, Betadine Swab Aid, Betadine Swabsticks, …show all 11 brand names.Betadine, ExCel AP, GRX Dyne Scrub, GRX Dyne, NuPrep 5% Povidone-Iodine, Operand Scrub
Medically reviewed by Holevn.org. Last updated on Feb 4, 2020.
Uses of Betadine:
- It is used to treat or prevent bacterial infections.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Betadine?
- If you have an allergy to povidone, iodine, or any other part of Betadine (povidone-iodine (topical products)).
- If you are allergic to Betadine (povidone-iodine (topical products)); any part of Betadine (povidone-iodine (topical products)); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and
what signs you had.
- If you have an animal bite or a deep puncture wound.
- If you have a very bad burn or cut.
- If a large area needs to be treated.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Betadine (povidone-iodine (topical products)).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check
to make sure that it is safe for you to take Betadine (povidone-iodine (topical products)) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of
any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Betadine?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Betadine (povidone-iodine (topical products)). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- If signs get worse or last for more than 7 days, talk with the doctor.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If Betadine (povidone-iodine (topical products)) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Betadine (povidone-iodine (topical products))
while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Betadine) best taken?
Use Betadine (povidone-iodine (topical products)) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Wash hands before and after use.
- Do not take Betadine (povidone-iodine (topical products)) by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth and eyes (may burn).
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your
doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing;
tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue,
- Very bad irritation where Betadine (povidone-iodine (topical products)) is used.
What are some other side effects of Betadine?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical
help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Irritation where Betadine (povidone-iodine (topical products)) is used.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical
advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was
taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Betadine?
- Store at room temperature.
- Do not freeze.
- Protect from heat.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your
pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else’s drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Betadine (povidone-iodine (topical products)), please talk
with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was
taken, how much, and when it happened.
The content of Holevn is solely for the purpose of providing information about Thuốc Betadine and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please contact your nearest doctor or clinic, hospital for advice. We do not accept liability if the patient arbitrarily uses the drug without following a doctor’s prescription.
Reference from: https://www.drugs.com/cdi/betadine.html