Holevn Health share articles about :Thuốc Betac , side effects – dosage , Thuốc Betac what disease treatment.Other noted issues. Please refer to the details below.
Generic Name: Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) Injection (ASS kor bik ASS id)
Brand Name: Ascor L 500, Betac
Medically reviewed by Holevn.org. Last updated on Sep 23, 2019.
Uses of Betac:
- It is used to treat or prevent vitamin C deficiency.
- It is used to treat scurvy.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Betac?
- If you have an allergy to ascorbic acid or any other part of Betac (ascorbic acid (vitamin C) injection).
- If you are allergic to Betac (ascorbic acid (vitamin C) injection); any part of Betac (ascorbic acid (vitamin C) injection); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and
what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check
to make sure that it is safe for you to take Betac (ascorbic acid (vitamin C) injection) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of
any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Betac?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Betac (ascorbic acid (vitamin C) injection). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may affect certain lab tests. Tell all of your health care providers and lab workers that you take Betac (ascorbic acid (vitamin C) injection).
- If you have high blood sugar (diabetes), talk with your doctor.
- If you are on a low-salt or salt-free diet, talk with your doctor.
Kidney stones or other very bad kidney problems have rarely happened in people taking high doses of Betac (ascorbic acid (vitamin C) injection) for a long time. The risk may
be higher in people who have had kidney problems or kidney stones. The risk may also be higher in people 65 or older and children younger than
2 years of age.
- Do not take Betac (ascorbic acid (vitamin C) injection) for longer than you were told by your doctor.
- Be careful if you have G6PD deficiency. Anemia may happen.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Betac (ascorbic acid (vitamin C) injection)
while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Betac) best taken?
Use Betac (ascorbic acid (vitamin C) injection) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- It is given as a shot into a muscle, vein, or into the fatty part of the skin.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Call your doctor to find out what to do.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your
doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing;
tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue,
- Signs of kidney problems like unable to pass urine, change in how much urine is passed, blood in the urine, or a big weight gain.
- Feeling very tired or weak.
- Dark urine or yellow skin or eyes.
- Back pain, belly pain, or blood in the urine. May be signs of a kidney stone.
What are some other side effects of Betac?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical
help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Irritation where the shot is given.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical
advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was
taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Betac?
- If you need to store Betac (ascorbic acid (vitamin C) injection) at home, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist about how to store it.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else’s drugs.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your
pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Betac (ascorbic acid (vitamin C) injection), please talk
with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was
taken, how much, and when it happened.
The content of Holevn is solely for the purpose of providing information about Thuốc Betac and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please contact your nearest doctor or clinic, hospital for advice. We do not accept liability if the patient arbitrarily uses the drug without following a doctor’s prescription.
Reference from: https://www.drugs.com/cdi/betac.html
Cập nhật mới nhất ngày