Holevn Health share articles about :Thuốc Beano (Alpha-Galactosidase Liquid) , side effects – dosage , Thuốc Beano (Alpha-Galactosidase Liquid) what disease treatment.Other noted issues. Please refer to the details below.
Generic Name: Alpha-Galactosidase Liquid (AL fa ga lak TOE si days)
Brand Name: Beano
Medically reviewed by Holevn.org. Last updated on Dec 24, 2019.
Uses of Beano:
- It is used to prevent gas, bloating, and stomach pain.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Beano?
- If you are allergic to Beano (alpha-galactosidase liquid); any part of Beano (alpha-galactosidase liquid); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and
what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check
to make sure that it is safe for you to take Beano (alpha-galactosidase liquid) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of
any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Beano?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Beano (alpha-galactosidase liquid). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Different forms of Beano (alpha-galactosidase liquid) may be for use in different ages of children. Talk with the doctor before giving Beano (alpha-galactosidase liquid) to a child.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Beano (alpha-galactosidase liquid)
while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Beano) best taken?
Use Beano (alpha-galactosidase liquid) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take Beano (alpha-galactosidase liquid) right before the first bite of problem food.
- Use the dropper that comes with Beano (alpha-galactosidase liquid) to measure the drug.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your
doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing;
tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue,
What are some other side effects of Beano?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical
help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical
advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was
taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Beano?
- Store at room temperature.
- Protect from heat.
- Keep lid tightly closed.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your
pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else’s drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Beano (alpha-galactosidase liquid), please talk
with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was
taken, how much, and when it happened.
The content of Holevn is solely for the purpose of providing information about Thuốc Beano (Alpha-Galactosidase Liquid) and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please contact your nearest doctor or clinic, hospital for advice. We do not accept liability if the patient arbitrarily uses the drug without following a doctor’s prescription.
Reference from: https://www.drugs.com/cdi/beano-alpha-galactosidase-liquid.html